March 1, 2014
President, Donald Blake, called the annual meeting of the KDHMA to order at 12:30 p.m. at Montana Mike's Steak House, McPherson, KS with 33 members & 4 guests.
- All members and guest said the Pledge of Allegiance.
Introduction of all members and guests.
Special Guest Speaker: Andy Hawkins DVM gave a talk on "What you need to know on Horse Colic and Teeth". Members asked questions and he answered the questions afterwards.
Minutes of the Annual Meeting, Fall Meeting and financial reports for the 2013 year and summary were handed out prior to the meeting for everyone to look at. President Donald Blake asked if there were any corrections on the minutes & the treasurer's reports. Minutes and financial reports were approved as printed and filed. Dorothy gave balances of expenses and receipts of 2014 and the balance in the checkbook was to date.
State Fair Report given by Warren Hiskett. Warren said there were 215 entries last year. Numbers were up. There were new exhibitors. New sponsors for this year and that the state fair added more money also. Deadline on entries is August 15.
Equifest Donald reported. He said there were 57 signed up for the driving clinic and 6 have already sent in their paperwork for it. They can have up to 25 at the clinic and anyone can come to watch. Charolette Blake made a motion to check and see how many would be interested in another driving clinic to follow-up with their learning and Jan Summerfeld seconded.
Discussion on the Youth Representative. It was talked about the ages that are in the by-laws already and also if it can be a boy or girl, which is in the by-laws already. Jan Summerfield made a motion to give State Fair tickets to them for their participation. Seconded by Gary Penner.
- Election of Youth Representative:
- Dorothy Anderson reported that she had received a letter from Dee Isle that her grandson Jason who is 15 years old would be interested as Youth Rep. and also Jaycee Schettler said she would also be interested also. After discussion of having two representatives, Candy Braksick made a motion to approve both and Bruce Anderson seconded.
- Election of Board of Director
- Bob Sutton was nominated and Winston Summerfel. Gary Penner closed the nominations. Paper ballots were counted and Winston Summerfeld is the new Board of Director.
- Candy Braksick told about the Patriots Day Parade on April 19. Morris Yoder told about his Auction on March 15. Stan Troyer told about Yoder Days and was asking if the association would be interested in participating again. Discussion of having a BBQ with the KDHMA at Morris Yoder's fall sale, with everyone bringing a covered dish. Nothing decided on at this time.
Motion to adjourn at 1:50 pm
Auction Followed: Auction proceeds total was $404.50
Also the association wants to thank those who made donations of auction items and donations.
Dorothy Anderson, Sec/Treasurer